Friday, February 14, 2014

I had a blog once.

Way back when (or so it seems, although it really wasn't that long ago) I was introduced to blogging by my neighbor. She had talked about her blog, I explored it, followed and read hers and others, and decided to get one of my own. My first blog was born, and for a while, I actually did a decent job with the upkeep. But then college rolled around and although I had plenty to say, I could barely keep my head above the homework waters, let alone keep my blog updated.
So I laid that blog to rest. Not completely, I mean that piece of cyberspace I so diligently updated is still out there, still holds my posts, thoughts, and memories and can still be viewed, or even updated if I so chose to do so.
But I wanted to start fresh.
needed to start fresh. My old blog, was a surface level picture of me. Half the time, literally (I used a lot of pictures!). But this one, I want to be different, changed. Because I am different, I have changed and I am growing. I am no longer in high school, or college. I no longer just feel the need to share surface level stories with a bunch of photos of me and my friends. Granted, those were good times and I cherish the memories, but for this blog, I am wanting something deeper. I will still sometimes share silly life moments, but it won't be the purpose this time. I will, of course, share pictures, but that won't be the purpose either.
This time, the purpose is much deeper. I am changed, and am still changing. I have heart driven topics that I want to record. I am not sure why I feel I must record them in a way that others will see them, but this is what I feel is right.
Maybe, it's the hope that I can in someway share God's light in me with others. 
That's my real hope, and one of the reasons why I decided blogging would be the best way to do this. I will be talking about God, just as much if not more than I will be sharing about my life, family, friends and my horse. Because God is so much more my life now than he ever was, and I am not ashamed. I am changing, I am reaching toward God and it's not always an easy journey. I know it will be worth it, to be close to God, as well as be a changed person. I am ready to embrace that, and am trying to embrace the process, but it isn't easy, but I'll share more on that later.
I suppose my point here is, just like how my life is a fresh start with Jesus, my blog needed to be a fresh start. Strongholds in my life are being broken, things are changing, so my blog changed, and now it will also allow me to document my life changes. Granted,  like I said, it won't just be the heavy stuff because I love my horse too much not to share stories about him. But just know, that my blog, won't always be surface.
I will allow myself to go deeper. Because life changes, things are changing. I am changing.
And I am ready to embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment